Arcadia Valley Events & Attractions
Guests of The DragonFly-In will find popular local annual events and numerous natural and cultural attractions nearby. We are located within a short drive from three state parks, two conservation areas, three wineries, a Civil War battlefield and the Arcadia Valley Mountain Music Festivals.
We are sandwiched between one of Missouri’s premier crystal-clear canoe float streams and the state’s only whitewater kayaking river. The canoe liveries of the Black River are 20 minutes to the west, and the boulder-strewn rapids of the St. Francis River are 20 minutes to the east.
Wine connoisseurs will enjoy the regional Vintners’ Tour, featuring the four area wineries, all accessible on a loop drive clockwise or counterclockwise from the Inn.
Ozark Area Events
- Mid March: The 50th annual Missouri White-Water Championships at Millstream Gardens is just 8 miles away.
BIG MOUNTAIN ENDURO RACE: SHEPHERD MOUNTAIN BIKE PARK, Arcadia Valley/ Ironton. Currently held each year last weekend of March. Other events also scheduled throughout the year for Mountain bike and Hiking enthusiasts. Come enjoy the trails at this fabulous new Mt. Bike Park located on Shepherd Mt in Arcadia Valley/Ironton.
- Mid May: AV Spring Mt. Music Festival. Our annual event is becoming known as one of Missouri”s Best.
- Mid June: Our fabulously well attended BBQ Battle, sanctioned by the prestigious St. Louis BBQ Society….Great Eats, Great Prizes for the winners, and incredible music thru out with name bands from all over the state.
- July 4th: Fireworks at Fort Davidson always a good time in the Valley
October: Fall Mt. Music Festival and Arcadia Valley Fall Festival Parade and Queen Coronation. Voted Best High School floats in the state. This is the longest running High School Fall Festival & Parade in Missouri.
Come enjoy our Mt. Music, Vendors, Parade, ingenious floats and Great Fall Colors. Generally held the 3rd weekend of October.
- Battle of Pilot Knob RE-Enactment only happens every 3 years and we usually see 75,000+ visitors for this one. A stay at our cabin puts you only a few miles from all the action yet out of the line of fire for a wonderfully relaxing get away!
We will book early for this one as all places in the Valley fill up. Call today.
Black River Canoe Liveries 20 minutes
Trail Rides/Riding Lessons
Black River Traditions, Annapolis, specializing in private lessons and children’s pony rides. 573-598-1209
Brushy Creek Trail Rides, Black, MO
Wineries in the Ozarks
The Vintners’ Tour (with times direct to each from Dragonfly-In)
Arcadia Valley Roasting Company – Coffee Shop and Music Venue
135 Main Street, Ironton MO
FARMERS MARKET: In Season/ Ironton Court House
Bailey Joe’s: Steak & BBQ, HWY 21
Chico’s: Mexican on W. Russell by Court House, Ironton
The Iron Mule, PUB and Grill, Hwy 21
Punkins: Seafood & Steak House
Desi’s Diner/Arcadia & The Rustler Café/Pilot K